Thursday, April 23, 2015

Postcards from...



...Europe! We celebrated our thirtieth wedding anniversary in Europe over almost 3 weeks, and it was amazing. It's taken me several months to sort of digest it. I can totally understand now why the Grand Tour was such an important rite of passage for upper-class young people during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. Travel, it changes you...

So, Florence (that's il Duomo up there, which takes one's breath away); Paris (la Tour Eiffel needs no introduction!); and London (beloved city, the only one we've visited before).

I think I'll dub Thursdays "Travel Thursdays" for the next little while so I can share my (many many MANY) photos with you, oh treasured blog readers, without overwhelming the blog. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Jolien said...

Is the first pic from Paris too? I don't recognize it. Which cities have you visited? Looking forward to see more pictures. :)

Sherri said...

Jolien, the first pic is from Florence, so lovely and SO very Italian!