Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I Was Driving Down a Street...

 I was driving down a street I almost never drive on, and I saw this. I had to do a U-turn and come back to it. Wouldn't you?
 
 
 
 
It's called "The Christmas Carriage Imaginarium," and it's the product of a man who is currently homeless and mostly lives in this van. (Here's an article about him from 2 years ago.)

This all lights up (though something was broken and I couldn't see it lit up). Wow. He says he works on it almost every day, touching up paint, etc. I talked to him for quite a while. I didn't get much on my to-do list done today, but it was worth it to see this wondrous thing and have a conversation with an interesting man.

2 comments:

Andy's Attic said...

This is amazing. I have seen trucks decorated with cr*p all over them and painted weird, but this is very special. I think it is very cool that you stopped and talked to him.

shari said...

o yes! i would have had to stop and see this! absolutely awesome!