Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving, 2011 Edition

That's me up there--guess which one I am!--on a Thanksgiving many years ago...

Two quotes on this 2011 Thanksgiving day from Mary Oliver--a most remarkable and wise poet.

Sometimes I need
only to stand
wherever I am
to be blessed.

and

Every day I see or hear something that more or less kills me with delight, that leaves me like a needle in the haystack of light.


Wishing you a lovely day with your friends and family (or in solitude, if you choose).


P.S. Thanks for the lovely comments on yesterday's post...

2 comments:

JuJu said...

I am in love with this picture. I'd like to steal it for my blog. :-) Now, which one are you???

I'm so thankful today, that I choose to use that as my word.

THANKFUL

Robin Paparella Hardy said...

You're in the middle, yes?