Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Funny Sad Weird

Funny: this little vignette was in my living room, deposited there after an estate sale last weekend.
Sad: Tallulah and I found this little dead hummingbird on our walk. It just looked like it had laid down on the sidewalk and died. {Sniff sniff.} I didn't know what to do for it, so I just stroked it and said a few words like "Rest in peace, little beauty."
Weird: this succulent cutting, somehow, has managed to bloom even though it's decapitated and lying there with no water or soil.
Also weird: the strange worm/larva thingy curled up along the right edge.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty little bird. :-(

--B/xxx

terest

Fozie helped lay the pretty little bird terest.

JuJu said...

Bless the birdie. And, it was good of you and Miss TM to stop and take a minute with her.


mantata

I really hate it when men have manTATAs.

Andy's Attic said...

You find the most interesting things. I'm sad for the bird and amazed by the flower!
Annette