Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Toast: It's a Good Thing

What's better than freshly baked homemade bread? Why, the toast you make with it the next day! I baked a peasant boule I'd never made before. It didn't really rise as much as I'd have liked, but I also didn't knead it quite long enough. The recipe said it would be sticky...and it was, too sticky to knead very effectively. Still, absolutely delicious (if I do say so myself!), with a nice holey crumb and a thin but chewy crust. I LOVE bread of all sorts, don't you?

4 comments:

JuJu said...

I could live on bread and cheese for the remainder of my life.

Did you spread some creamy butter on this toast? YUM!

shari said...

i didn't do the atkins diet when all my friends were because i can't go without bread (of COURSE i mean "can't", not won't...) had the most wonderful french toast at a locale cafe with my sister yesterday...mmm. AND a lovely memory!

DD said...

I do!! However, it goes straight to my already ample (or as my dear husband says, "commodious")hips. If only I could redirect it!!

Various and Sunday said...

looks so yummy! not like my flat 'nanner bread that day. i want to try to make bread one of these days.