Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Hummmmm...

My parents have a hummingbird feeder on their patio in Phoenix, and it seems to be quite the popular watering hole. There are at least 4 different birds/species who drink out of it. (At our house we have, I think, 3 birds, but to me they all look like the same species, Anna's hummingbird.) So, there is this little cutie above...

My parents have named this dude "King," because he definitely controls access to the feeder. I believe he is a Costa's hummingbird... And now that I look at the picture on the linked page, the one above may be the female Costa's.

There's also Mr. Squatty here...
And this one, which, even though the photo is blurry, looks to me like yet another species.


Incoming!!!

P.S. This is my 300th post! Wheee . . .

1 comment:

vivi said...

I think I recognize those guys and girls. A & H have reeally enjoyed them. Love you so!!!