Thursday, October 4, 2007

Some Thrifty Goodness

I seem to really like containers--I'm drawn to boxes of all sizes. This Resist-O-Cabinet was meant to hold electrical resistors (natch!), whatever those are, but it was full of odd things that I couldn't even identify. Grommets? No. Widgets? No. Doohickies? No. Thingamebobs? Yes. Can't you see it filled with buttons according to size and color? Ah . . .
Cute pink-and-grey hatbox from Eaton's, which apparently was a big Canadian department store--note the Customs inspection sticker.
And this little goodie was filled with embroidery supplies, including oodles and oodles of floss. Not that I NEEDED any floss, but ya know . . . did I really NEED a pink-and-grey hatbox or a little metal box with drawers? Um, no. But they give such pleasure . . .





1 comment:

Dawn said...

Oh I just love seeing what you've picked up! Check out the October issue of Better Homes and Gardens for what to do with all that lovely ribbon and rickrack. I thought of you the minute I turned the page and spotted the decorated pumpkin.