Monday, September 10, 2007

Paging Alice, Paging Alice

Umm . . . apparently this tomato hornworm moved into the neighborhood while I wasn't looking. Look at him, it's like he's showing off his conformation in the Westminster Caterpillar Show. That's about four inches of worminess posing for the camera. They're strangely beautiful, and quite soft to the touch. It had already decimated the plant it had taken up residence on, so I just put it back . . . we have enough tomatoes to share, at this point.

It really does remind me so much of the caterpillar in Alice in Wonderland: check it out.

(And hi, Alice S.!)

1 comment:

vivi said...

Oh, my!! I remember picking several of these until I had half a bag full off my tomato plants. Do you remember when we msde one out of cloth, wire, & paper mache' in C'ville for a Halloween party? Years ago-----love 'ya