Sunday, August 5, 2007

B Is for . . .

. . . actually, quite a few things. So, a list:
* Butterflies. I'm mad for them and have been known to run right after them (and one once landed right on my nose and stayed there for about five minutes, holding on tight with its little gripper legs).
* Bees (the extreme bee love has already been covered in previous posts!)
* Baking. My grandma was an amazing baker, with pies being her specialty, and my mom makes the world's most amazing brownies (and we always had home-baked cookies and German chocolate cake, etc., etc.). I love to bake, too: I bake cookies and bread, mostly, but I also like to make cupcakes, clafouti, and . . . well, lots of other things!
* Bach, Johann Sebastian. I love all of his music but especially adore the Six Suites for Unaccompanied Cello. We have recordings by Janos Starker, Pablo Casals, and the suites played on viol de gamba. I listen to them at least once a week and will never ever get tired of them.* Books. I dearly love them and always have... those beloved books above are the first ones I truly remember devouring. I still stop by the public library every week and check out two or three books, and I always have two or three on the go at the same time (usually a biography and a novel or two). How fitting that I'm and editor married to a librarian. We loves us some books!
* Brother: I have an older one. He's extremely funny--when we were kids he got me in trouble quite frequently by making me laugh when I shouldn't. He's been through a lot in terms of medical conditions--and I mean a LOT--and I greatly admire him for the grace with which he handles all of it. And I love him, of course!
* Breast cancer: I had it. And it sucks. Enough said!
* Beer. Yum! It was the first alcoholic thing I ever drank (yuck! lukewarm! out of a keg!). It's now my drink of choice, usually. A nice frosty bottle of beer from a microbrewery--heaven!
* And finally, my husband B. I could go on and on and on about him, but I won't, except to say "truly madly deeply," indeed. We've been together for 23 years (!) and I still wake up every morning and think about how lucky I am. All together now, everyone say, "Awww . . ."
To B.: ILYMTA.




No comments: