Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Chapter the First

Wherein I begin to blog.

My hope is that this blog will be a source of amusement and inspiration to those who read it--hello, out there! I'm also hoping that having a blog will spark my creativity and force me to take photos with my handy-dandy new digital camera AND that it will be a nagging muse telling me to write. No pressure, little newborn blog . . .

Why not start off with photos of our recent trip to Hong Kong. Readers may think, gosh, she travels to exciting far-off places . . . um, not so much, but I survived the 14-hour plane trip to arrive at the other side and find Hong Kong to be utterly fascinating (if I may be allowed to gush). I found it a bit overwhelming, actually--in a good way, but words fail me: hence, lots of pictures! If I can figure out how to use Flickr, there will be more photos there as well (baby steps, baby steps, people!).





View from Victoria Peak, Hong Kong









Streetscape, Hong Kong










Ten Thousand Buddhas Monastery
Sha Tin, New Territories













One of the ten thousand Buddhas














Another Buddha














Flower Market, Mong Kok, Kowloon

















Streetscape, Hong Kong











Workers disassembling bamboo scaffolding,
Stanley, Hong Kong




















Bins of beads, Kowloon














Lantern shop, Hong Kong












Thus endeth the mini-travelogue...and my first post! This doesn't EVEN look the way I want it to--what am I not getting? Argh!!!!--but it's a start.